Protect your Dog in the Summer
8 Things You Can Do to Protect Your Dog in the Summer
- Never, ever leave your dog in the car.
- Make sure your dog has unlimited access to freshwater.
- Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
- Take walks during the cooler hours of the day.
- When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like asphalt) because it can burn your dog’s paws.
- If you think it’s hot outside, it’s even hotter for your pet – make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
- Keep your dog free of external parasites (fleas, ticks) and heartworms – consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
- Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it’s appropriate for your pet), and apply sunscreen to your dog’s skin if she or he has a thin coat.
Phone & Email
Our Service Areas
Serving pet and their owners from Conyers and Rockdale County, Covington and Newton County, McDonough and Henry County, Loganville, Walnut Grove, Walton County, Lithonia, DeKalb County and many more.
Appointments Mon - Fri 8am-11:30am and 2pm-4:30pm
Walk Ins Mon - Fri 8am-11am and 2pm-4pm
Saturday Walk In Only 8am-11am
After Hours Emergency:
Call East Metro Animal Emergency Clinic at 678-212-0300
1455 Klondike Rd.
Conyers, GA 30094